Dental Implants in Eugene/Springfield
Dental implants are the best replacements for natural teeth. They are surgically positioned into the jawbone beneath the gum line. This allows the dentists at McKenzie Dental in Springfield to restore the tooth with a porcelain implant crown to match your surrounding teeth. Dental implants have the least impact on the surrounding teeth versus the alternative options of a bridge or partial.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
Because implants fuse to your jawbone, they provide stable support for artificial teeth. Unlike dentures and bridges, implants won't slip or shift in your mouth; an especially important benefit when eating and speaking. This secure fit contributes to the replacement teeth feeling more natural than conventional bridges or partial dentures.
Partials are removable appliances that must be taken out at night. For some people, they are simply not comfortable or even possible, due to sore spots, poor ridges or gagging. Partials have clasps that anchor to other teeth in the mouth. Bridges use the opposing teeth on each side of an open space to anchor to and can be more challenging to clean around. Implants on the other hand, avoid affecting any other teeth in the mouth.
There are many advantages to dental implants, including:
- Improved Appearance: Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth. And because they are designed to fuse with bone, they become permanent.
- Improved Speech: With poor-fitting dentures, the teeth can slip within the mouth causing you to mumble or slur your words. Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip.
- Improved Comfort: Because they become part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Easier Eating: Sliding dentures can make chewing difficult. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Improved Self-Esteem: Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself.
- Improved Oral Health: Dental implants don't require reducing other teeth, as a tooth-supported bridge does. Because nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your own teeth are left intact, improving long-term oral health. Individual implants also allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene.
- Durability: Implants are very durable and will last many years. With good care, many implants last a lifetime.
- Convenience: Removable dentures are just that; removable. Dental implants eliminate the embarrassing inconvenience of removing dentures, as well as the need for messy adhesives to keep them in place.
McKenzie Dental is a proud provider of dental implants in Eugene and Springfield. Why not call us today or request an appointment to see if dental implants are right for you?